Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I refer a case for admission?

Admission to The Tent is open to all teenage girls (between 11 to 19 years of age) who are in need of care and protection, who are beyond parental control or who have committed offences and who are placed on probation.

The Tent accepts referrals from the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF), Family Service Centres (FSCs), Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs), Schools, Members of the Public (Parents etc)

Intake interviews involving both the client and the parents will be conducted to assess the suitability of the client for the residential programme.

Does The Tent have IPC Status?

The Tent is conferred with the Institute of Public Character (IPC) status on 22 January 2002 (No: 1544)

What is The Tent’s Unit Entity Number?

Our UEN is T01SS0154B

Funding of The Tent?

The Tent is supported through donations, government grants and programme fees(collected from the families of the clients for board and lodging). We are also dependent on the generous donations from the members of the public and corporations.

Where does the money go, raised by donations to The Tent?

The Tent makes every effort to ensure that the donations raised will go towards supporting the programmes for the clients in the residential home.

Can I specify that the money that I have donated to be used for a specific purpose?

It is possible to specify that your donation to be used for a specific /current programme or for a specific purpose.

I like to organise a charity project, may I use The Tent’s name or logo?

We are grateful for contributions to raise funds for our programmes but would like to request all organisers to contact us before promoting any projects to benefit us. We reserve the right to decline if the values are contrary to those upheld by The Tent.